From implementation of a new website and marketing automation platform in just eight weeks, to a complete overhaul of their digital marketing strategy and even their on-site sign in system... there isn't much that we haven't transformed for this leading NZ tourist attraction.
“The tangible impact that Hype & Dexter’s services, and the learnings from the work undertaken, has had on key organisational metrics of our company has been truly transformative to our marketing, sales and operations.” - Jame Fitzgerald, Managing Director
Who are Rotorua Canopy Tours?
- Zipline Pioneers
- Conservation Leaders
- Award-winning attraction
Their Promised Land
- Revamped website: to improve responsiveness and conversion
- $1.000.000 in sales from the dormant customer database
- $500.000 in gift-voucher sales
- Develop their presence in off-shore markets
- Increase sales during the off-season months
- The business wasn’t realising its full potential nor capitalising on big opportunities in the data and technology spaces.
- Thought the required solutions were too expensive and too difficult to implement.
- Needed a smoother and easier experience through their digital signup and purchase process.
Hype & Dexter Solution
- Implement the right CRM and marketing automation platform to help them realise their goals
- ‘Always on’ global and local digital strategies to find, convert and delight new audiences
- Reignite a dormant database and promote the brand new ‘ultimate tour’
- A fully optimised and responsive website - a brand new suit for a stunning proposition
- An SEO strategy to ensure 1st page Google ranking - in a highly competitive market
- Consolidate multiple platforms to create a single-view of the customer
- Integration to achieve perfect flow from lead to customer to advocate
- New digital marketing strategy for 2019 and beyond
“We’ve finally realised the value of our customer database in every sense. In terms of the revenue potential of marketing to them, but also in terms of leveraging their engagement with our brand to incentivise reviews, testimonials, return visits and advocacy.” - Pip Beard, Digital and Creative Director
It’s never all PLAIN SAILING
We know that, even with all the testing in the world, new technology can have teething issues. It can even break. When we first went live with the new website and integrations, sales initially looked to have stalled. But after an ‘all-night party’ find the issue, we isolated the problem in the analytics and were able to remedy it quickly. The outcome: sales were actually on the up and up.
“One of our core values at Hype & Dexter is accountability. When you’re transforming systems and building new stuff from the ground up you need to have a contingency, and we always have a plan in place to allow for anything not working the first time. And we have to prepare the customer for change, agility, analysis and pivot – all of which is baked into our approach with our silicon-valley style agile model.” - Ryan Watkins CEO
Fail fast WIN BIGGER
"Once we’d worked through any teething problems we really started seeing some serious growth from the new website, and some serious ROI from our marketing efforts. Everything started trending upwards. Even in mid-winter, when the client had previously experienced a plateau in overall sales, they began to see month on month improvements leading to the strongest summer of sales ever realised. And all this at a time when the overall industry was struggling to see growth!
“People work with Hype & Dexter is because they’re smart. But more importantly because they’re accountable and they tell it like it is. They work an agile model, so they fail fast and solution quickly to get bigger wins for clients.” - Pip Beard, Digital and Creative Director
Key Revenue & Efficiency Drivers
- Digital Strategy & Delivery
- Website build & optimisation
- CRM & Database Marketing
- Customer Service Enhancement & Automation
- Operational Enhancements
- Marketing Automation
- Technical Integration
- Reporting & Attribution
“It’s been one heck of a journey with Rotorua Canopy Tours. Once we got under the hood, we realised our brief needed to be much broader than initially presented. We identified big opportunities to be harnessed in the underused databases and a complex mix of various systems and software taping things together – a common theme in many businesses. When the website started performing and hitting conversion goals, we were given the scope to transform several key areas of the business. We proved our expertise in database marketing by delivering over $300k in revenue from our first three emails… from there we were entrusted to propose and deliver their entire digital marketing strategy. We also simplified and integrated their tech stack in order to deliver complex customer journeys and exeptional end-to-end experiences.” - Romi Dexter, CXO
The Success Continues
We’ve got some exciting things in the pipeline and it’s a continual relationship of growth and refinement. We’re learning and optimising, but also tapping into new avenues to reach new audiences, while smashing some lofty revenue goals, every step of the way.
“Hype & Dexter are a part of our business to deliver the year’s plan and the vision beyond that. You know you trust a company when you stop asking “how much” and just trust them to do what’s in your best interest at a good price. That’s how I feel about Hype & Dexter. Thanks for kicking ass for us.” - Jame Fitzgerald, Managing Director